The workshop on the Protection of Cultural Heritage in Emergency Situations addressed strategies for protecting museums and heritage sites in instances of disasters. International experts came together with specialists at the Turkish Ministry of Culture and Tourism, museums, institutes, and universities in Turkey to address the wide range of issues that damage, even obliterate cultural and historical heritage.
Program Co-sponsors included:
- T.C. Kültür ve Turizm Bakanlığı // Turkish Ministry of Culture and Tourism
- Kültür Varlıkları ve Müzeler Genel Müdürlüğü // General Directorate of Cultural Heritage and Museums
- British Institute of Archaeology at Ankara
- American Research Institute in Turkey
- Embassy of the United States, Public Affairs
- Erimtan Arkeoloji ve Sanat Müzesi